Sunday, March 30, 2014

Cute Easter Treats

What is your favorite Easter candy? Mine has always been Peeps. I know...nothing but fluffed sugar, but I can't help myself! Next comes jelly beans. So, I made these little treat holders for the girls that came to my Shoebox Swap yesterday.

This is the front
This is the side view so you can see how the eggs fit inside
I modified the template that I found on Sandi McGiver's blog. She calls them egg crates. She also used the Tag Topper Punch, but since I didn't have it and my little plastic eggs were much bigger, I had to make some modifications. The plastic eggs were filled with Starburst Jelly Beans.

The cover itself uses a piece of card stock 12 X 2 1/2 inches, scored at 5 and 7 inches. The base that holds the egg uses a piece of card stock 3 X 3 1/2, scored at 1/4 and 1/2 on all 4 sides. To cut the circle for my plastic eggs, I used the 1 3/8" circle punch. Then I used the retired Scallop Eyelet Punch for the top and then used the Chalk Talk Framelits to put the hole in the top for the ribbon. * I didn't use SU! card stock for the bases as I was out of 12 X 12, in the colors needed when it came time to make these.

I also used the flowers from Love and Sympathy and the sentiment is from the retired set All Holidays. I also used the Fringe Scissors and Wild Wasabi card stock (2 1/2 X 1) for the grass along the bottom, . I hope I've inspired you to do something 'handmade' for Easter.  Leave a comment here or on my FB page and let me know your favorite Easter candy. Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment