Thursday, August 22, 2013

Stepped Up Christmas Cards

Finally was able to get the 'stepped up' Christmas cards completed for my class. The originals can be seen in this post.
 For this card, I stamped the trees from the Pennant Parade stamp set before punching them out. I embossed the Early Espresso layer with the Woodgrain EF. Added a bit of Baked Brown Sugar stretch ribbon. I also added all those pearls! (that took the longest, but it makes the trees, I think). Then added the bling to each side of the sentiment. Both the pearls and the bling were colored with Sharpies.
 For this card, I silver embossed the ornaments from the retired set Delightful Decorations and the sentiment from Tags 4 You, added the Sharpie colored rhinestones and the new silver ribbon.
This card is VERY SPARKLY in real life. I added the Silver Glimmer paper layer, then used the next to the smallest Festive Flurry snowflake (in Island Indigo) cut it with the framelits, layered it to the next largest framelit cut from the glimmer paper and finally the next largest framelit in Island Indigo. Again, I layered the silver ribbon behind the glimmer snowflake.

Thanks for stopping by today. Check back soon to see what else I've been working on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am another new follower from Stampin' Connection! Have a great day from Australia! :)
    http://angiescraftfusion.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete