Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Happy Birthday

As you can see, I didn't get the 'experienced' Christmas cards for my class finished over the weekend. I had several birthday cards that I needed to make for friends who will have birthdays while I'm traveling next month. Today, I will share those with you.
 This card is for my hubby's oldest friend. They've been friends since high school. I used some old and some new on this one. The card base is Soft Suede, the 'splatters' from Gorgeous Grunge are in Early Espresso, the Happy Birthday is from Remembering your birthday. The trees are from my 'old standby' Lovely as a Tree (I hope that never retires). The deer is from the retired Nature's Silhouettes. The die is a retired one called Oval Frame.
 This card is so 'cheery', I think. The base is Primrose Petals, as are the candles. The DSP (from Print Poetry) is layered on both Primrose and Summer Starfruit. The sentiment is from Bring on the Cake. This is another card inspired from my upline Maureen. You can see hers here.

 I 'cheated' a little for this card. This is a 'cheery' card front that I received as a swap at convention. There was no contact info on it (so if this is yours, let me know and I'll definitely give proper credit). I just mounted this lovely card front onto Strawberry Slush card base.
This card is a mix of SU! and non-SU! products. The roses are from a retired set Roses in Winter and are stamped in Blushing Bride and Primrose Petals. The Large Scallop Die is the Scallop Circle (still current), the one with the roses is from the Scallop Circles die that is retired. You can't see it well in this photo, but I ran the Large scallop (Pear Pizzaz) through an embossing folder in my stash. The pink layer is some Moire Fabric Paper from my stash, as is the embossed Happy Birthday. I then added the Whisper White Organza ribbon and some 'bling' from my stash. (I could have colored our Rhinestones, but these were the perfect color).

Thanks for stopping by today and I promise to have those 'stepped up' Christmas cards posted soon.
Happy Stamping.

No comments:

Post a Comment