Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Be the Difference

The theme for this year's Annual Stampin' Up!© Convention was 'Be the Difference'. Shelly Gardner, CEO of Stampin' Up! gave a very inspiring speech at our opening session. She said that just sending a card to someone can make a difference that we don't even realize. We all get bills and junk in the mail, but how many of us get a handmade card? I'm challenging you to send a handmade card to someone who's day you might change. Post back here when it's in the mail. At the end of August, I will draw a winner and you get a gift from me for being so generous with your time and talent. (I haven't decided on the gift, yet but when I do, I'll post here).

Our Service Project this year was to package 2000 Birthday Kits to send to the local Children's Hospital. As some of you know, Children's Hospitals are very near and dear to my heart because of my special needs grandson. This picture shows everything that was in the kit. It was a heartwarming experience to know that some child who is stuck in the hospital on their birthday would be able to have a 'party' in the hospital with this kit. Thank You Stampin' Up! for allowing us to be a part of Making a Difference in a child's life!

Check back tomorrow for more Convention highlights and later in the week for pics of some of the swaps that I received this year. And, consider joining my team so that you can go next year. The sign-up special going on right now is great!
Thanks for stopping by today. Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeri! Great challenge, I did just that this week, sent several cards to people I know who are going through some challenging events... I think it feels just as good to send a card out, as it does to receive! :) Glad you had a good time at convention!

    ReplyDelete