Saturday, February 16, 2013

March Birthday Cards

Here are a few cards I made for birthdays coming up in March.
I've always liked the 'quilted' cards, so thought I'd finally try my hand at it. The card base is Baja Breeze, as is the Happy Birthday banner. The next layer is Soft Suede (think next time I might add some texture to that layer). The 'quilted' Top Note die uses some left over retired DSP (Parisian Breeze). Then I used some Early Espresso Baker's Twine.
This card uses the retired Daisies #2 Die, retired Corduroy Buttons and some retired So Saffron ribbon. The card base is from a retired Simply Sent Kit.
This card is one of my 'go to' layouts for male cards. The card base is Basic Black, the embossed layer uses Basic Gray card stock and an embossing folder from my stash. The stamp set, though retired (Nature's Silhouettes) is a 'go-to' set for male cards and gets used a lot! The Happy Birthday is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and is punched with the Word Window and layered on the Modern Label punched piece. I used some Black Brads from the Neutrals Collection.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope I've inspired you in some small way!

No comments:

Post a Comment