I hope this finds everyone ready for the man in the red suit. I am, so took some time to make some yummy cookies to leave out for him. I found this yummy recipe in our local paper and would like to share it with you.
EGGNOG SUGAR COOKIES
Ingredients: 2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup eggnog
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 egg yolks
Preparation: 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. Set aside
3. In another bowl, mix sugar and butter until creamed. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks, mix until smooth.
4. Add dry ingredients to creamed ingredients and mix until moist.
5. Place rounded teaspoons of cookie dough onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
7. Remove from baking sheet and let cool. Makes 3 dozen.
Enjoy and Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night. I'll be blogging again in the New Year.