Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It's Official - Almost

For those of you who follow this blog, you know that hubby & I put our house on the market in anticipation of his retirement and our BIG move to Northern Idaho. I'm happy to report that we have accepted an offer on the house and pending the appraisal, will be leaving Simi Valley around the first week in August.

I have mixed emotions about leaving Simi, as this has been 'home' for me since 1965! (I know, I'm old). But, I am more than a little excited about the next chapter in our lives. We are building a new home in a small town called Blanchard, Idaho and will be leaving the 'rat-race' that is California behind. For 2 born and raised Californians, it will be an adjustment, but one we're looking forward to in our 'old age'. (Actually, neither of us is 60, yet and I've heard tell that 60 is the new 40. Boy, am I hoping that's true!).

For those who follow this blog or have only visited a time or two, thank you! I will attempt to keep posting during the transition, but at this point I can only say I'll try. I'm truly hoping to get some of the other CYRious Stampers to post, as well. Keep checking back and I'll try to keep you updated as we begin this new journey in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment